Enter our home brew competition, for the chance to have your beer brewed and sold by King St Brew House!
Love To Brew has teamed up with King Street Brew House, to give Bristol home brew enthusiasts the chance to brew up to 1,000 litres of their own beer!
The overall winner will have their beer brewed at the King Street Brew House brewery and will be given the opportunity to name their beer and design the pump clip art work.
There are three styles to choose from: 21B (speciality IPA) New England IPA, 15A Irish Red Ale and 28B Mixed Fermentation Sour beer. Please note that entries for 28B MUST NOT use Brettanomyces or Pediococcus or other wild yeast or bacteria strains, they must only use Lactobacillus, prior to boiling.
Your entry will need to conform to the BJCP 2015 guidelines. Please ensure that you read and adhere to the style guidelines, taking particular note of the ingredients, colour, flavour, aroma and appearance, as you will be judged on these criterion. Failure to follow the guidelines will result in being marked down or disqualified!
Entry form (Awaiting updated form)
Beer submission form (Awaiting updated form)
Entry Rules & Fees
- Entrants are allowed to submit only one beer per category, but are welcome to submit a beer to each category.
- Each entry is £3. This fee covers administration costs and prizes. If you spend over £20 on ingredients at Love To Brew, please ask for a voucher, which entitles to you one free entry.
- For each category submission, we require 3x 500ml bottles. Each bottle must be labelled clearly with the beer style and the brewer's name.
- The beer recipe must be your own, and not brewed from a pre-made kit, even if it is all-grain.
- While we prefer you to use grain, entries using malt extract / spray malt, are permitted.
- The closing date for entries is to be confirmed, but will be in August 2018
- There will be a £25 bar tab and KSBH T-shirt for the best beer in each category
- The prize for the best beer in the competition will be to brew up to 1,000 litres of the winning beer at King Street Brew House.
Sign-up and beer submission deadline: TBC
Award Ceremony and Brew day - TBC
Best in Competition Prize Details
The prize on offer is the chance to brew up to 1,000L of your beer at King Street Brew House. We will try to source the ingredients required, but due to the limited availability of certain hops (Simcoe, Citra, Galaxy etc), malts and yeasts (dried yeast is preferred), some substitutions may have to be made. The same applies for the brewing process as we are unable to carry out step mashing and decoction mashing. We also reserve the right to adjust the beer recipe to ensure it is economically viable for us to brew it.
The Brew day will be arranged with the winner after the award ceremony. We are quite flexible on beer naming, but we do reserve the right to rename the beer to ensure it is in keeping with our branding. The same applies for pump clip art work.
The winner will also receive a pump clip for their brew.
Please note that the winning beer brewed will be the sole property of King Street Brew House, City Pub Company West (Ltd) and the competition winner relinquishes any rights to the product, product sales and branding. The competition winner will be required to sign a declaration prior to the beer being brewed.